About the Journal
Dear One is a beautiful, modern alternative to the traditional baby book. It is a timelessly designed, childhood keepsake journal for parents to reflect upon and document their child’s birth story, developmental milestones, celebrations, meaningful moments and family traditions.
The idea for this journal emerged from our own search to find a stylish baby book that also offered meaningful writing guidance rather than prescribed, fill-in-the-blanks. We also wanted a book that could go beyond the baby years. We came up short and thus created Dear One.
Dear One’s co-founder, a mother and family therapist, developed the journal to promote reflection and enhance the bond between parent and child. The unique depth of content helps foster thoughtfulness and togetherness, all while documenting a story worth preserving.
Features & Benefits
- Modern design and high quality, natural aesthetic. Gender neutral and timeless graphics.
- Depth of content, developed by a family therapist, that goes beyond a standard baby book. The journal aims to promote parent reflection and encourage parent/child connection.
- Prompts are printed on removable, perforated pages so that parents can use the prompts for guidance and inspiration then seamlessly remove from the journal as they see fit. No forced, prescribed content.
- The journal can be used during the baby years and beyond, encompassing as many years of childhood as the parent chooses.
- A beautiful keepsake and invaluable gift for parents to give their child later in life.
- Linen hardcover with Smyth sewn binding that allows the journal to lie flat. 9x7, 144 pages.
- Independently designed in the US and made in Canada.